News ArticleTop 10 reasons to visit Mall of Africa
The opening of Mall of Africa brings with it an array of new shopping and lifestyle choices. Held within 130 000m² of architectural beauty and creative design, Mall of Africa blends the desires and needs of any shopper.
Here are the Top Ten Reasons why you should visit Mall of Africa, opening 28 April 2016.
1. Go Sight-seeing
The Mall of Africa has been designed to cater for a South African’s love of space and freedom. Welcome to open corridors, clean and crisp colours and lines, and the open green grasses of The Lawns.
2. Visit the Champagne Bar
The Mall of Africa is introducing a place of exceptional beauty, suited to modern times. Incorporating large, contempory art pieces, and set in an ambiance of elegance and sophistication. Make sure you visit the Champagne Bar in the Crystal Court
3. Delight in the Newest Brands to hit the South African shores
The Mall of Africa is bringing you a range of new and exciting brands. Be among the first to indulge in brands such as Zara Home, The Kooples, Mango Man and Armani Exchange. The Mall of Africa is guaranteed to satisfy all your retail requirements!.
4. It’s around-the-corner convenient
All roads lead to the Mall of Africa, it seems. Accessible from both sides of the N1 highway, find the Mall of Africa at Lone Creek Crescent and Magwa Crescent, Waterfall City. The Mall of Africa also boats the first free-flow intersection of its size in Africa, at the Allandale Road exit. Get to the Mall of Africa by following Google Maps here: https://goo.gl/6d7VFk
5. There’s an Uber Pick up and Drop off Point!
Yet another first in Africa: designated Uber points for drop-offs and collection, have been created within the Mall of Africa, further adding to the convenience of your shopping experience at the Mall. Find our Uber points at the South East end entrance (entrance 5) and South West end entrance (entrance 9) of the Mall.
6. More Shopping Hours
With the Mall of Africa’s longer trading hours, there’s no need to wait until a weekend! The Mall of Africa is trading 7 days a week, from 9am to 8pm on Mondays to Fridays, and from 10am to 8pm on Saturday and Sundays.
7. Variety and Choice are everywhere
With over 300 stores, and unlimited brands available, one can easily spend the day exploring the 2.4km’s of shopping space available at the Mall of Africa. With trusted favourites, like Woolworths, Edgars, Game and Checkers, your retail essentials are covered. With the introduction of new brands, premium products, and fine dining to keep you energised, a Mall of Africa visit offers you everything… and more.
8. Inspired Shopping Experiences
The Mall of Africa’s architectural appearance is inspired by Africa’s geographical features and landscapes. Translating the experience of Africa, the Mall of Africa developed 5 courts that tell the story of life on this magnificent continent:
- The Crystal Court: The biggest of all the courts, and the Heart of the Mall of Africa, this court is the epitome of lavish opulence. Enjoy the luxury, and take a break in the indulgent Champagne Bar.
- The Desert Court: The Desert court is the court of time. An opportunity to slow down, and take a moment for yourself. Also conveniently situated close to the Town Square- the perfect place to relax with friends and family.
- Forest Walk Court: The spine of Mall of Africa, this court is dedicated to the lush greens and natural surroundings of Africa. Enjoy the outdoor scenery and idyllic park benches, whilst enjoying the likes of Truworths, Ster-Kinekor, Spur and McDonalds.
- The Great Lakes Court: A court that allows us to appreciate Africa’s most treasured resource - water. The Great Lakes court is a combination of relaxation and calm, and also home to one of our favourite stores - Woolworths.
- Oleum Court: Inspired by the precious, natural oils of Africa, this court will indulge your senses, and inspire your soul. Make sure to visit Edgars in this court!
9. Dining and Wining is plentiful
The Mall of Africa leaves no appetite unfulfilled, and plays host to the most incredible restaurants, coffee shops and take-away brands. Destinations such as Hinterland, Grand Life Café, Kream and Hello Tomato ensure that no matter your mood or the occasion, you’ll have the perfect place to dine!
10. There’s no other way to shop
The Mall of Africa brings you the latest, the best and the favourites, all encapsulated within a shopping environment that has been designed to entertain and inspire. Make sure you book out the weekend of 28-30 April to experience the launch of modern lifestyle shopping!